BruinWave Solutions LLC (BWS) is currently recruiting for aLegal Assistant(Legal Support) in support of a contract with the Department of Justice at our Sacramento, CA location. This position is full-time. The start date is immediate upon selection, including selected candidate’s receipt of High Risk public trust suitability, and with two (2) weeks’ notice to current employer (as needed).
In support of the Department of Justice, the Legal Assistant will provide support services to fulfill the overall operational objectives of the United States Attorney’s Office (USAO) in Sacramento, California. The primary objective is to provide support and augment workload requirements of The United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of California (USACAE).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing administrative support for multiple attorneys.
- Type letters, memos, reports, legal documents and subpoenas.
- File legal documents either by mail in State Court or via electronic case filing in Federal Court.
- Maintain case files, making sure they are current at all times.
- Copy and assembles exhibits, schedules court reporters; schedules witnesses, arranges for service of subpoenas, and schedules conferences.
- Receive visitors and makes routine phone calls to set up depositions and meetings.
- Make travel arrangements, type authorizations and type travel vouchers through the E2 travel system.
- Generate Table of Contents and Table of Authorities and runs West Law checks on most citations for briefs in accordance with established standards in Federal Court or with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Aid attorneys in verifying all case-related information are correct and that the information is entered into the in-house database on a quarterly basis.
- Performs research and analysis of routine legal problems and issues.
- Answers phones by directing calls to appropriate staff or by taking accurate, legible messages when required to do so.
- Two years of college or an associate’s degree in a legal or related field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word; have basic skills with Excel; and other database software experience required.
- Must have 4 years of experience supporting criminal or civilian litigation cases as a Legal Assistant in a private or public law office.
- Must have the ability to create Tables of Contents and Tables of Authorities.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute at a minimum.
- Must possess strong clerical and analytical skills and the willingness to learn any specific program requirements of the position.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
- Previous legal experience and a paralegal certificate is highly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, at the High Risk Public Trust, level.
About BWS LLC:
Established in 2001, BruinWave Solutions LLC (BWS LLC) provides administrative support and information technology (IT) professional services and solutions to the federal government and commercial clients. Our services encompass the analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions that provide immediate and tangible return on investments to our customers. BWS prides itself on being a small business (SB) with a high level of professional and technical expertise. Our highly trained, cleared and experienced employees service our customers around the application of solid program management practices, use of systematic principles and procedures and with an unconditional commitment to provide the highest quality in our work products, solutions and services.
BWS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
BWS LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer